Solar generator is not like a normal generator that converts chemical energy from gasoline into electrical energy. The use of gas or diesel generator may cause a significant amount of gas to be emitted into the atmosphere which may pollute the atmosphere. Apart from the gas that is released, it produces unbearable noise which is also not suitable for humans. Do you want to pollute the environment? Why not choose a way of producing electricity in a cleaner and safer way? Solar generator is one such way of producing electricity.
Though generator is commonly used, one may wonder how a solar generator works.
* Solar Panels: The solar generator cannot produce electricity directly from the sunlight. It needs a base which can generate electricity. This is where solar panel is used. There are various panels used these days. For example, 200 watt solar panel kit is one of the kits that is widely used. Solar panels capture the sun’s energy.
* Charge Controller: The captured energy is sent to the charge controller to control the amount of energy to avoid damages. The controlled charge is then collected in battery of the solar power generator.
* Batteries: Battery is the important component of the generator that provides power supply when the panels are not able to produce power during dark and during rainy seasons. The battery of the generator could be a deep cycled battery or a continuous battery.
Deep cycle batteries are made of thicker lead plates. As these are made of lead, it can withstand corrosion and can be used wisely in repeated discharge cycles. These deep cycle batteries could provide power for longer time which is one of the main reasons why it is being used in solar generators. Some of the widely used deep cycle batteries are Vmaxtanks Vmaxslr125 AGM Deep Cycle 12v, ML35-12 – 12V 35AH U1 Deep Cycle AGM Solar Battery and ExpertPower EXP12180 12v 18ah agm battery. Use a proper and appropriate battery for a longer and better use. To know about which battery to be used in RVs click on the http://www.power-spar.com/rv-battery-reviews/ link.
* Inverter: The power that is stored in the batteries is direct current which has to be converted as alternating current for using it in various appliances. This is where the use of inverter comes in. The inverter converts the power into usable form which can be safely used in various appliances.
* Ac input: The final and important part in a generator is the ac input which is used for plugging in various appliances.
It is better to know about the various solar generators that are available in the market before going in for purchase. Some of the widely used and best generators are goal zero yeti 150, goal zero yeti 400, goal zero yeti 1250. Each generator has its own pros and cons and each has its own unique features. Some are suitable to power up small electrical devices like mobile and tablets and some are suitable for charging even large appliances like refrigerator and TV. Analyse the various generators available and buy an appropriate one as per your needs.