The First Generating Company of Wholesale Electricity Market (OGK-1) was established on March 23, 2005. With installed capacity of 9,861 MW, OGK-1 is the largest thermal wholesale electricity generator created in the course of Russian electric power industry reform.

OGK-1 includes Permskaya, Verkhnetagilskaya, Kashirskaya, Urengoyskaya and Iriklinskaya thermal power plants (TPP). Two existing power generating units of Nizhnevartovskaya TPP were transferred to authorized capital of ZAO Nizhnevartovskaya GRES, a fully owned subsidiary of NVGRES HOLDING LIMITED (NHL). OGK-1 owns 75 % minus 1 shares of NHL, while TNK-BP owns the remaining 25 % plus 1 shares.

Power generating assets of OGK-1 are located in regions with shortage of electricity and high consumption growth within unified energy systems of Urals and Central Federal Districts of Russia. They are primarily fueled by gas, which represents approximately 91% of our fuel portfolio. Two of our power stations, Verkhnetagilskaya TPP and Kashirskaya TPP, use coal (approximately 30% in each case) in addition to gas as their main fuel.

On April 1, 2011, INTER RAO — Management of Electric Power Plants managing company was appointed sole executive authority of OGK-1.

Common registered shares of OGK-1 are listed on MICEX-RTS as OGKA (Quotation List A, 1st Level).


Send link

Send a link to this article by email. As an email sender specify your email address.

E-mail of recipient*
Recipient's name*
Address of sender*
Sender's name*

* - Required fields